Sunday, August 17, 2014

Layover photo post.

We're off to Manaus, and tomorrow to Téfé, and we have in the Fortaleza airport (layover!) what constitutes by FAR the best internet we've had since we arrived in Brazil.  ALSO SOME OF THE JANITORIAL EMPLOYEES OF THIS AIRPORT WEAR ROLLERBLADES and this made my evening.  So did my dinner from "Burger Bob's", which was difficult to order (Portuguese!) but totally worth it.  Given the bandwidth, how about some photos of our 3 days in Pipa?

Hotel: We stayed at the Toca da Coruja, which translates into something to do with owls, which are clearly a theme.  The rooms are all little bungalows, basically; we were on the second floor of our 2-room building/bungalow.  Note that this is the "less nice" room option.  Presumably the "super nice" room option comes with a personal staff or something:

I assume the travel agency told them about the honeymoon thing, because rose petals.  Note the bathroom area beyond the bed area.  The veranda is behind me in this photo, with hammock.
Sadly, the (ceramic) peacock in the rafters is blurry; hopefully Adam got a better picture, because I found her charming.
Rooms also come with fruit, and silverware to consume said fruit.
This one's for mom: hummingbird at rest, near one of the feeders at the bar by the pool.
Whenever we left the room, the staff would come tidy up, with remarkable attention to detail.  One time, they arranged our electronics on the bed in descending size order.  Another time, they carefully arranged my used testing strips. 
Beach: A 7-minute walk the from the hotel (or so) gets one to the stairs down to the beach.

View from the top of the stairs.

On the way down the steps.  I admit I have an inexplicable fascination with public signage, which is not unique to my visit to Brazil.  

This is a box for cigarette butts, and I can't for the life of me figure out the meaning behind the pictograph.  Happy to take suggestions.

Like I said, I like signage.  Anti-littering signs at Pipa lean heavily on shame as a motivating mechanism, though I missed taking a photo of the one that explicitly refers to people who litter as "pigs" and "donkeys" (translated directly to "ass" in English, which made it even better). 
View from my beach chair on day one, at the Baia do Golfinhos.
Walk back from aformentioned Baia, through the bit that's inaccessible at high tide.
Day 2: sunset cruise.
I call this the Indiana Jones Hat,  mostly because I think it hurts his feelings a little bit if you call it the Crocodile Dundy Hat.
I actually got a lot of photos of Brady looking happy and windswept and cheerful, but this is by far the funniest, so it's the one you get, Internet.  Note the Capirinha Goblet in his hand.
Driving through the lagoon...


Serious Business Party Staff.
Party boat dinner.  I don't know where it came from, though I could smell them cooking it.  Only half my salad blew away in the wind, worry not!

No comments:

Post a Comment